Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday, October 20, 2006
Waning Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Rainy and warm



6 pages on “Anomalous”. Working out plot points ahead of time, even without writing them down, helped.

16 pages on Token and Affections. Another two scenes with Declan Bluesmoke – surprising me in the best possible way! Originally, the primary dynamic was supposed to be between Elmira and the human John Belthar – but Declan’s come in and appropriated the central conflict with Elmira. John’s still vital to the story, but in a completely different way.

It was very hard to pull myself away from the world of Token and Affections and get on the train to do the show. It was almost as though I had double vision – the world of Token superimposed over the world I’m walking around in.

So I closed my eyes on the train and gave it a chance to settle.

Show was fine. They spoke to me about taking a permanent track to replace the person who’s leaving, and I said I thought we’d all be better off as a swing; for a permanent slot, I’d feel I needed to make a clear-cut commitment for at least six months, and right now, I can’t do that. They figured that was the case, and they want to keep me as a swing, but they also didn’t want me to think the job wasn’t being offered. So it’s all good.

New contract ratified, so we get our raises and retroactive pay. Didn’t even have to take a strike vote this time – it was all done in just a few sessions.

The cats wanted nothing to do with me yesterday, because I’d been out of the house for two 14-hour days, and then out last night for work again. This morning, however, they are Velcro Kitties. However, I’ll be at the show again tonight, and tomorrow’s another 14 hour day at the theatre.

A few errands; laundry pushed back to Monday morning; some writing; and then – back to the theatre.

Started reading Margaret Frazer’s A Play of Knaves. I like the Joliffe novels. It’s interesting though, how he’s changed now that he’s central to the series and not just the most interesting character in the Dame Frevisse books. He had more of an edge in the other books, and some of what was hinted at in his past seems to have been dropped.

Devon

“Anomalous” -- 3,750 words out of estimated 7,000
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
3 / 7
(42.9%)


Token and Affections – 9,875 words out of estimated 15,000
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
9 / 15
(60.0%)

5 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

Raises are always a good thing.

The image of velcro kitties made me snicker. Heh.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

WTG on the writing!!!

Congrats on the raise and retroactive pay!!!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Congrats on your raise and the offer - quite a compliment (even if its not right for you right now)

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

"Velcro Kitties"--cute :) (I've got one of those.)

Great work on the stories! d:)

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Velco kitties...hehehehehe I have one like that too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home