Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday, October 23, 2006
Waxing Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Sunny and cold

“Picnic in San Fernando” by Rachelle Arlin Credo is today’s poem on Circadian. Circadian will be offline for the rest of the week, and return next Monday.

Show was okay yesterday. I was glad to come home. Some monkey madness – having trouble with the bolts in the second act, and my monkey had to come offstage early when one of his wings caught the scenery when the bolt popped.

Photos posted below (last night) from the art installation “Sky Mirror” at Rockefeller Center. It’s a fascinating, beautiful piece and I love taking photos.

Any excuse to exercise the new camera, right?

Finished reading Strange Affair. The story is very good, but the copyediting errors drove me crazy – wrong names for people in sections (should have been one person, but used the name of the person in the previous interrogation, etc.), wrong words – inexcusable. I can understand a single error in a book, but there were too many in this one. It kept jarring me out of the world.

Worked on Middle Marie. The deadline is February 1, with Periwinkle on January 1. If I can work dribs and drabs over both in the next few months, I can do a final push in the weeks before each deadline and get them done.

I found an anthology that I think will be a good fit for “To Die For.” Now, I just have to get it there.

When I walked to the bakery tomorrow, I saw the window paintings for Halloween – our town’s businesses give up their windows for a few weeks so that kids can paint them for Halloween. The work is lots of fun.

I’m trying to come up with some fun stuff for my Nano Newbie Adoptees – one of whom is deployed in Afghanistan. Pretty intense, trying to write a novel in a month under those conditions.

My own Nano schedule will consist of getting up earlier than normal (I’m thinking 5:30 AM on days when I didn’t come home at 1AM from the theatre), do my Nano pages first, THEN do my morning yoga, then shower, have coffee, and do the rest of the writing that needs to get done that day.

Correction: coffee must come first. I can’t possibly do my Nano pages without coffee.

I’ll be off line for a few days – but with lots to tell when I get back.

Devon

6 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Siobhan said...

Great to catch up with you. I had a good giggle reading Saturday's post. Wow!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

I hate copyediting errors in books. Yeah, I can understand one or two, but if there's more than that, that's inexcusable.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Lara said...

You mean your brain actually works at 5:30 am? That is a gift. Coffee or not...

;-)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Meretta said...

Good luck with NaNoWriMo, Devon. I didn't know one could 'sponsor' someone. What a great idea!

Our local Tim Horton's encourages the local children's groups to paint their windows for Christmas. I'll be there with my Girl Guides setting a scene for the season.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Okay, when are you coming back, already? A FEW days? I'm having withdrawals!!!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Anita said...

Devon,

I'd love to hear your ideas for fun newbie activities, as I've adopted a few myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home