Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday, October 22, 2006
New Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Sunny and cold



ME Ellis is one of the most prolific writers I know. And her goal for next year? 5 novels at 80K and as many novellas as she can. THAT’S the kind of dedication and commitment I admire. And hope to emulate.

My best wishes, thoughts and prayers go to Bailey, who recently lost her mother after a long illness, and Sue, whose father just had surgery. Thinking of you.

Tired and sore. Two shows yesterday – they were fine. My second act monkey is busy kidding around and comes up late and there’s not enough time to bolt in his wings and get him onstage. I can only do as much as I can do – when you’re spinning bolts, there’s only so fast they can go.

I’m glad this is my last day on the show for awhile. I’m dragging.

Got a bit of writing done yesterday; not much. Had dinner at West Side Sushi – it’s quiet enough so I can write there, and the food’s good.

I need to re-prioritize projects post-Nano. I think I need to move Periwinkle up in the queue because there’s interest in it, and I can’t sell it if it’s not written. There’s also interest in a project in its earliest stages, called Middle Marie. Token and Affections is coming along nicely, and I have a choice of two homes for that – I’ll have to see how long it is (I have a sneaking suspicion it will be longer than 15K). And I have to get the reconfigured piece out to that interested editor (pre-Nano). So I’ve got a good bit of rearranging to do. Because when there’s interest, you have to follow up immediately – if you wait until there’s “time”, you lose the opportunity.

I “adopted” a couple of Nano newbies, and I’m looking forward to cheerleading them through the process.

Off to the train again – only one show today, so it’ only an eight or nine hour day, with commute time.

Finished Metro Girl – I like Alexandra Barnaby much better than Stephanie Plum. Her learning curve is sharper. She doesn’t seem to repeat mistakes, the way Stephanie does (and, after twelve books, that repetition of mistakes gets old for me). Started reading Peter Robinson’s Strange Affair, which is fascinating. He’s a wonderful writer – we crossed paths for several years at conferences in Nottingham, and I like him as a person, as well as respecting and liking his writing a lot.

Devon

4 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

I really enjoyed Metro Girl, too. I'm looking forward to the sequel Full Throttle.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Ooooh! How I write the amount I do with 5 kids is anyone's guess, but because I'm determined to succeed, it gets done somehow.

I sit at my desk as if it's a job I went out to do, and I do office hours, and many more thereafter.

I have a plan--and I'm sticking to it. So glad to have inspired you!

Go Devon!

:o)

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

Um, Motor Mouth was next up, and recently released. It was a good sequel, as far as the characters.
It's so nice of you to take time out of the schedule you keep to foster the newbie NaNo writers.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

Oh, that's the one I meant, Brandy! I wonder where I came up with Full Throttle from? Sheesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home