Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday, October 19, 2006
Waning Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Cloudy and mild

Two shows yesterday, and I’m hurting. I’ll need several yoga sessions to try to untwist the kinks.

Shows were fine. The goat ripped the knee out of his pants and the Tin Man’s arm came off in the second show, so off we go to repair today. But nothing major.

Did some work on Assumption of Right and did some plotting on both “Anomalous” and Token and Affections. In order to make the extraordinary fit into the logic of the story’s world in both, I have to make sure that the practicalities make sense as a foundation.

A. and I went to dinner at our favorite French restaurant – chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a chocolate hazelnut crepe for me, mushroom ravioli and a strawberry crepe for him. Yum.

Finished To the Nines and Ten Big Ones. It’s interesting – the series went off track a bit, and now seems to be getting back – for a few books there, the growth of the lead character was sacrificed for a type of comedy which, when you’re reading the whole series back to back, began to grate on me. Probably with only one book coming out a year, when one reads them as they come out, one forgets the details and it’s no big deal. I also found continuity errors – since part of my work is continuity, inconsistencies tend to glare out at me.

The twins are up to something – ever since a Russian Blue won Best in Show at the Garden this week, they’ve both been impossible. And Elsa is racing around the apartment like a small ox, crashing into everything in her path.

Sigh.

Quick peek around my Daily Blog Reads, and then I want to get some words on paper, even though I feel a bit fuzzy-headed this morning (and everything hurts). Raked stages take too much of a toll on the body.

Devon

6 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Lara said...

I didn't know cats actually could *crash* into anything. Aren't they usually pretty graceful?

;-)

Hope the soreness goes away soon! Good thing your brain isn't sore. Happy writing. :-)

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Gabriele C. said...

Hehe, seems you've got what we call a Muskelkater - a muscle tomcat. He's the little brother of the Kater you get when you had too much alcoholic beverages the night before. :)

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

My dogs crash around a lot - thank goodness they're in the backyard. But I have had lamps and tables topple over from their running around.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

Whoever said that cats were always graceful was full of it!! As for the soreness, yoga has wonderful benefits for that. I always feel loose, limber and even taller after my sessions. I hope it works well for you.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Sandy J said...

Cats have so much personality.

Hope you get to feeling better and can get some writing done.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger yyy777 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home