Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Waning Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Rainy and cool

This will be a short entry, and the Circadian Poem and the SDR blog entry will go up late today. I overslept and lost the most productive part of my morning, so I need to hustle.

The revision/edit of the Lit Athlete needs to go out, so that is the first priority.

A Story Kitten morphed into a Fiction Leopard yesterday, and I ended up with a detailed outline for a project that’s in this new direction with which I’m experimenting. If it turns out to be both as creatively fulfilling and lucrative as it seems, I may go in that direction for the next couple of years, along with everything else I’m doing. Until I get one or two pieces finished, however, I won’t know if I should pursue it.

Work was fine; hectic. A new lead had her put-in rehearsal, so everyone was there, and I was trying to prep the clothes in and around them, as well as helping the star dresser with a couple of cues that she usually has help with during the actual show.

Read Three for the Money for the Plum essay. Also finished How Nancy Drew Saved My Life by Lauren Baratz-Logsted. Lauren opened the door for me to the anthology opportunity. When I saw a book by her in the store, plus the title, plus the fact it’s in Iceland, who could resist? I couldn’t! It’s a lot of fun, and she manages to mesh the poignant with the wacky. The ending is a brave choice, too.

Got to get that article off, and then catch up on everything. I’m trying to get ahead because I’m fulltime on the show next week, but I’m already behind in what I want to get done this week, so who knows?

The writing magazines are frustrating me. I’ve stopped reading most of them, and may cancel my subscription to the final one. It’s all the same information, recycled every few months, and only geared to wanna-bes and writers early in their careers. There’s nothing for the writer who’s making a go of it, but not yet at best-seller-dom. I’m sick of it. Especially at the prices charged for these magazines.

To work, to work.

Devon

3 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Costume Imp said...

A Story Kitten morphed into a Fiction Leopard yesterday...
I don't know if you need more research for this, but National Geographic Channel debuted "Eye of the Leopard" this week, and I was completely enthralled for the entire 2 hours. Beautiful, scenic and informative, plus it's got Jeremy Irons doing the voice overs. I recommend recording it, even if you don't need additional research! It follows the story of one leopard, from birth, through the first 3 years of her life.

I can imagine it was a bit crazy during daywork yesterday. So MANY people looked fried when I arrived to set up for the show. It can only assume that it was a rather Trying Put-in. (The show went well last night for anyone who cares). I have the pleasure of putting-in My New One on Friday.

Looking forward to playing with you next week.

Best of Luck on getting ALL of your writing accomplished today. Where do you find the energy for all that you do? You make me feel like a slug sometimes! :-)

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Blimey! You always sound so busy it makes my head spin!

:o)

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

I can't justify a subscription to any writing magazine right now. If I see it in Barnes & Noble I'll pick it up if something interests me.

I've thought about reading the Nancy Drew book, too. I'm pretty sure I read every single Nancy Drew mystery growing up and I'd like to start collecting them. (though I'm sure I can't afford the originals).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home