Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday, November 10, 2006
Waning Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde
Sunny and mild

I’m thrilled that both the House and Senate are in Democratic control. The people voiced their displeasure in not being listened to. They made it clear they’ve had enough of the corruption and greed that have destroyed this country for the past six years. Now, the Democrats have to, in Nancy Pelosi’s words, “We made history. Now we have to make progress.”

And, of course, the Victory Sex has been great.

Well, so much for picking up my printer. There were still flooded roads and I was turned back.

I ran some other errands instead, got my mom packed off to her dog sitting job, and cleaned up some of my email accounts. Staying on top of the email that comes in to the accounts that aren’t the primary one is sometimes difficult. I’m trying, but it’s not yet good enough.

Nano is basically consuming my life right now, which is both good and bad.

I hope I’m giving enough to my adoptees. I’m encouraging them and trying to give them tips and tricks to help when they’re stuck, and trying to help encourage the ones that are discouraged with their word count.

The problem once I do my daily quota is that I feel as though I don’t have to do anything else all day, and that’s not true. So I’m very focused in those early hours, and puttering around the rest of the time.

The network shuffled the show on which I worked to Friday nights now, to burn off episodes. I’m definitely taping tonight’s episode, because a lot of stuff goes “boom!” and it was fun.

I discovered that the Character CDs I burned for Nano have songs with too many lyrics on them. While I can play them to percolate ideas, I can’t play them to actually write the pages. Live and learn, right?

Good chapter this morning. I don’t like stopping in the midst of a chapter, so I pushed through to the end. 3179 words. My total so far is 27,375. I’d hoped to hit 25K by today, and I did, so I’m pleased. And I wanted to get ahead, because I want to go out and play tomorrow, and I did. Now, if I don’t write anything tomorrow, I can still play with a clear conscience. I need to hit 37.5K by the 15th, so if I skip tomorrow, but keep at 2500 words/day for the next four days, no problem. Maybe I’ll sneak in a few words early tomorrow morning, just to build a cushion.

The roads are reported to be clear, so I’m off to do everything I couldn’t do yesterday.

I’m having trouble with the Circadian site –as soon as I can get today’s poem up, I will

Devon


Assumption of Right – 27,375 words out of 50,000 (Nano goal)
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
27 / 50
(54.0%)


Assumption of Right – 27,375 words out of 85,000 words (completion goal)
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
27 / 85
(31.8%)

4 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Wow, you GO, D! You're on fire!
:-)

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

Whenever I have the chance to write at work, I feel strangely listless in the evening since that is usually the time I reserve for writing. Weird.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

I'm sure you're doing great with your adoptees. You are making wonderful progress.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Erin Mhray said...

Well, I don't know about all the adoptees, but this one appreciates the daily messages :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home