Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Here are some questions to ponder for 2007, building on the questions we answered in 2005 and 2006:

Goals, Dreams, and Resolutions 2007


1. Take a few minutes to reflect on the previous year. What are you happy with?


2. What are you unhappy with?


3. What unexpected joys did you discover during the year?

4. What were some of the unexpected obstacles that came up, and how did you deal with them? Looking back, would you have done anything differently?

5. What expectations did you find you needed to let go of?


6. Looking ahead, how do you want to structure next year to support your writing?


7. How does the rest of your life support your writing?


8. How can you change/compromise on the non-supportive elements?

9. What new aspect of the writing life do you want to try next year?

10. Where do you need to be more disciplined?

11. Where do you need to ease up on yourself?

12. List your goals for the coming year.

13. List three positive, active steps to take on each goal to get it going.

14. List your dreams for the coming year.

15. List three positive, active steps to transform each dream into a goal.

16. List your resolutions for the coming year.

17. List three positive, active steps to help you stick to them.

10 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Lara said...

These are very good questions, D. Very thought-provoking. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you're feeling better!
:-*

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Colin said...

I'm gonna use them - you know I am!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

I think I might print those out and use them. Great questions.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Kristen King said...

Thanks, Devon! These are great questions, and I'm definitely going to use them as I work on writing my formal business and marketing plan during the month of December.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

The questions are designed for insight. Thank you for these, I'll have to "borrow" them.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Darren said...

Fantastic list Devon - I do a similar set of questions each year but think I'll incorporate some of yours this year too!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger scribbit said...

I'm going to come up with some answers for myself on these, thanks!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger _ ANEW _ said...

Hi Devon!

You've listed some great questions here which really make you reflect on directions you've taken in life. Nice site by the way, a lot of interesting reading here : )

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Nospheratt said...

Hi, Devon! Great set of questions!
I've talked about your meme here:
Meme - 17 Qestions to Reflect

And I've began to answer them here:
Meme - 17 Qestions to Reflect I

Thank you!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger janiswrites said...

Thanks for the questions! They really helped me with determining where I want to be this time next year. I really appreciate the thought that you put into them! Happy New Years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home