Wednesday, November 15, 2006

November 15 Part II


AAAAARRGGGHHH!

They effing did it AGAIN! The anthology place for which I originally wrote “Ris an Abrar” and then couldn’t submit because they changed their guidelines and the piece was too sexually explicit, and for whom I planned “The Merry’s Dalliance” --changed their guidelines! The deadline I have on the page I PRINTED out several months ago says “January 15” – so my goal was to send it January 1. I just checked their site and they moved it back to DECEMBER 15.

So I have less than a month instead of six weeks AND my notes are missing. Every other project in the batch is where it should be – except “Merry’s Dalliance.”

I can either sit down and start from scratch – which I well may do for the story’s sake – or tell them to fuck off because I’m so sick of them changing guideleins and/or deadlines EVERY TIME. And the money’s less than originally stated.

It’s very frustrating, and makes me wonder if I want to work with them at all, cash or no cash.

Schedule-wise, if I could sit down and write 1K/day, I could get the first draft done in 9 days. But how the heck will that screw up everything else?

And if I choose to make “Merry” a priority, does that mean I jettison the end of Assumption until after “Merry” is sent off?

Okay. Breathe. Light a candle. Meditate. See what the Creativity Angels have to say. The Muse wants to kick ass by writing a brilliant story, but can I take the risk or will my brain explode?

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I'd opt for the latter, but that depends on how much you want this. It's frustrating as hell having indecisive clients! Arrggh!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger EJ said...

Deep breath. Count to 100. Walk outside. Look up. Watch the clouds go by. Feel the wind on your face. Go back inside. Write.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home