Monday, November 20, 2006

November 20 Part II

I’ve left Backspace.

A member publicly accused me of lying about a health problem when said person had no access or knowledge of my personal, not to mention private, medical history.

I was only on there a few months, and I met some terrific people. Hopefully, they will stay in my life.

But I won’t stand there and say it’s okay for someone to make those kinds of accusations.

Well, put yourself out there, deal with the consequences, right? I put myself out there, hoping to connect and support fellow writers and I got burned. Live and learn.

I have to stop now. I’m crying too hard to continue.

Devon

8 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Gerald said...

Hi Devon,

I've only been a Backspace member for a few months myself.

I've enjoyed reading your posts, and keeping track of your incredible nano word count.

Please don't let the actions of one person rob the entire community of your words and thoughts.

Gerald

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

I am so sorry Devon. From what I've been able to discern online from your posts and comments, you are a wonderful person. Please don't let one nasty persons comments get you down.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Billi-Jean said...

:-/ Online communities can be so difficult. It's a hame, because some of them do have a lot to offer.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Sending a {hug} ... now that Blogger's letting me. Grrr.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger B. K. Birch said...

Devon:

I'm a firm believer of "don't let the bastards get you down!".

Stay strong and get your butt back to Backspace!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

People can be so thoughtlessly vicious. So sorry for that, Devon. I've had a similar experience with somebody whom I'd once thought of as a friend. Friend no more, of course. Hugs, d:

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Pandora Nicollet said...

I'm sorry you were attacked in the public forum. I've pretty much bowed out of any fora, partly because of time constraints and partly because there always seems to be a know-it-all or a busybody who ruins it for everyone.

I've met some fine people, and enjoy dealing with them on a private basis, but the annoyance of online groups is just not worth it for me any longer.

Take care,
P.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Kristen King said...

So sorry that happened, sweetie. Some people are idiots. Exorcise him from you universe immediately!

Smooches,
kk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home