Tuesday, November 21, 2006

November 21 Part II


Time Management.

I’m wondering if my desire to leave various forums over the past few months has more to do with a need to pull back in than anything else. I suspect that I’ve allowed myself to get caught up in “over-networking” and part of sending out a “Kick Me” signal is the fact that I’m spending too much time wasting time.

I am well aware how imperfect and flawed I am. I try to work on my flaws and inflict them on others as little as possible. Sometimes I fail.

Perhaps I am not taking enough positive action that I need to take to make the necessary changes, and therefore, I am attracting the negative in order to get to the same place.

Which means I have a heck of a lot more work to do!

Because, let’s face it, it takes TWO sticks to make a fire, not one. Even a lighter rubs against a flint.

Devon

8 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

I only rarely troll message boards anymore. I used to be really involved in a few, but I found the flame wars and other wasted a lot of my time and energy. I don't frequent them anymore, but just focus on my blog hopping.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Hope you have a great time, and a happy thanksgiving!
I know nothing about the backspace thing, but I do know some people on message boards can be obnoxious at times.
Hang in!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Heather Brewer said...

Devon, don't make me beg...because, y'know, I'm totally not above that. :)

In all seriousness, so long as you're happy...everything's cool.

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Time management? Devon, if you figure that out, PLEASE share your secret. Here it is, 2:30 am, and I finally was able to edit a few stories for Wild Child and do other web/marketing updates. Sigh.

Good luck, no matter what!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Meretta said...

I wish you the best of luck in finding your balance, Devon. It isn't easy.

And this cyberworld leaves us all exposed. Sometimes we forget that until "wham!" - from out of nowhere someone strikes. I wish it weren't so.
Feel better soon.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Siobhan said...

It's hard to find a balance. Sometimes I think we've got too many choices. Anyway, enjoy Thanksgiving and have a break. You deserve it!

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

I know what you mean. I go through phases. I work my butt off, then have a rest and blog, leave messages, and generally mess about, when really, I should just get on with the next book.

I'm having a blog trip this morning then it's back to work on my latest novella, as I want it out of my face and into edits before I start my new novel.

:o)

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Just nipped over to say hello again. Trying hard to keep to a blog routine!

Hope you're well!

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home