Saturday, November 11, 2006

Saturday, November 11, 2006
Waning Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde
Cloudy and mild


Veteran’s Day. Let me take this moment to say “Thank you” to all those who’ve given so much. Not only do we have the responsibility to remember, we have the responsibility to make sure they aren’t ignored or left behind or punished by ridiculous government policies such as an injured soldier having to pay for his own medical care when he gets hurt in Iraq, turned over to a credit agency when he can’t, and losing his home because of it. It’s happened to more than one soldier and it needs to stop.

“Not My Vote” may be fiction, but it was based on an article about actual events.

I got my printer back! Yay! And it actually works! Double yay!

That means that I can start the layout for “Christmas Treats” this week.

Printed off Assumption of Right, all eight chapters, and put it in its binder. I’m tempted to read back through it, but metaphorically slapped my hand. No! Not until the draft is done. Change/fix things later. Words on paper, words on paper, words on paper!!!

And I’m taking the day off today to go to Connecticut with a friend.

I visited another friend in CT yesterday afternoon. His roses are blooming in November, can you believe it? Just lovely.

All my little certificates are out to the adoptees who’ve passed the 10K mark for Nano. I need to figure out something to help those who are behind.

I really want to enter those two contests with a November 15 deadline. And that would be a really, really stupid thing to do – unless I had material I could rework easily. But I don’t. And I can’t spread myself any thinner or I’ll unravel.

I wrote just over 1500 more words last night on Assumption. I was afraid skipping a whole day today would put me too far behind. I still have to write over 2100 words for the next four days if I want to hit 37.5 by the 15th.

My show wasn’t on tonight after all – the network keeps rearranging stuff and I can’t keep track. Could someone competent please be in charge of programming? Even occasionally?

You know what? Until we pressure the advertisers, nothing’s going to happen. You hate the way Lost is being handled? Find out which ads run during it, then email the companies with ads telling them that you’ll stop buying their products unless they force the network to schedule the shows better. Until you can be bothered to do that, they won’t change a damn thing.

I’m off to play today, I’m off to play . . .

Don’t you just want to slap me upside the head? ;)

And the cats are happy because the organic food was restocked at Trader Joe’s, and I bought up a lot of it. So they had their breakfast of choice this morning!

After all, got to keep the cats happy!

Devon

Assumption of Right – 28,908 words out of 50,000 words (Nano goal)
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
28 / 50
(56.0%)


Assumption of Right 28,908 words out of 85,000 words (completion goal)
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
28 / 85
(32.9%)

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

Congrats on getting back your printer!!!

Could someone competent please be in charge of programming?

I think the planet would stop spinning if that happened. *g*

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

Are you kidding about the whole slapping you upside the head? You NEED to go play, Devon!!! :-)

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

Programming on tv make sense? Not in this lifetime. I swear it's run to please the ad people, not the viewers!
Glad to hear your printer is back and in working order.
Enjoy your day of play, you deserve it!
I'm starting to get jealous of all the on-line mentions of Trader Joe's. We don't have one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home