Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday, November 18, 2006
Waning Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Sunny and cool

I still feel like I was hit by a truck from the Metro North hell. My neck is in terrible pain (they had an engine “push” the train for awhile, and while they warned us there would be jolt, it came 45 minutes after the warning and we weren’t prepared, and I think it threw my neck out).

Metro North’s response to my complaint was completely unacceptable, filled with excuses, and, basically, the subtext was that they can leave us stranded any time they want without consequence.

Not in my world.

I wrote a rant for my own purposes, filled with vile language, and, from that, I am crafting a logical, well-argued complaint for the local, state and federal agencies, as well as the newspaper pieces. Enough. This train service has been screwing its customers and putting their lives in danger daily for nearly thirty years. It’s gotten exponentially worse since Kalikow was appointed by Pataki as the head of the MTA.

And it needs to stop.

I had to photograph some headstones yesterday and run other errands, so I finally got to bed at 2:30 in the afternoon. I’m still a wreck.

But, this morning, I got up and I worked on Assumption of Right. I broke one of my own rules and went back to Chapter 10 to write several pages of an insert. It turns out a character that didn’t even have a name in Chapter 10 is important in Chapter 14 and beyond. So I named him and wrote the first scene between Phineas Regan and Simon. Then I went back and finished Chapter 14. So, I wrote 2799 words today, not bad.

I have to do some tidying up today – the place looks like it’s been ransacked. I also have to do some serious work on both the Plum essay and “Merry.”

I’m within striking distance of my 50K and hope I can hit it by the 20th. I’d already reached it by this point last year. Oh, well.

At least I passed the halfway mark in the completion goal. I was getting the blues about not reaching that.

Tomorrow, I have to get the last few presents to take to Maine next week (I bring up the Christmas presents when we go up for Thanksgiving). The box from National Wildlife Federation arrived yesterday. So I’ve got almost all the cards and can get started on those when I return from Maine, and the bulk of the Christmas shopping is done. I need to get a couple more things for my mom and then the stocking stuffers. Hopefully, it’s under control enough so that I don’t have to stress and I can actually enjoy the holiday season.

I have to run some errands, and then it’s back to the page.

Devon


Assumption of Right -- 46,791 words out of 50,000 words (Nano goal)
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
46 / 50
(92.0%)


Assumption of Right – 46,791 out of 85,000 words (completion goal)
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
46 / 85
(54.1%)

3 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

Good for you on the letter to the Metro people. They need to be held accountable.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Colin said...

Good luck with the Metro Mob. I know it's tough, but there is nothing I love with than going to war with companies that try to take the piss and then respond with such disrespect.

My favourite first line in any complaint letter: "Imagine my disgust..." written (and said) in a General Melchett tone of voice (Stephen Fry in Blackadder Goes Forth).

It just sounds so...apt, arrogant and appropriate.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

I'm sorry you're so stressed. I hope your next feels better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home