Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday, November 5, 2006
Full Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde
Cloudy and cold

I am exhausted, both physically and mentally. Tough two shows yesterday. Little niggly things going wrong (leg brace breaking, someone pinned in to their clothes because a zipper broke and having to undo all the pins in a quick change, that kind of thing). Which is good to incorporate into the fictional world, but annoying to have to deal with in the real one when I’m tired.

I was too tired to watch the tape of the Breeders’ Cup – I have to do that when I get home tonight, because I have to write and turn in my article – tonight.

I did hear that there was an accident in one of the races and Pine Island had to be euthanized there on the track, which made me sad. And that Bernardini was beaten by Invasor, and George Washington didn’t want to go into the gate. And my favorite girl, Ouija Board, won. Again.

Did manage to write about two pages on Token and Affections as well before I had to leave yesterday morning, along with my Nano pages. And I’ve done today’s Nano pages and shot off my daily message to my adoptees.

I’m going to have to get a good night’s sleep tonight, to prevent mental fatigue from getting in my way for this week’s Nano goal.

My personal goal was to hit 12,500 words by today, and I’ve passed that, even with a low word count day. By the 10th, I want/need to be at 25,000, in order to finish by the 20th.

Read Eleven on Top and began Twelve Sharp yesterday. The train gives me good reading time. It was too crowded, bumpy, and late to be able to write on it.

Not much to say today. I need to get going and catch a train back in for the matinee.

A. and I had a fabulous dinner at our favorite French restaurant. I had tuna wrapped trout, he had chicken and artichoke crepe. I had chocolate soufflé for dessert, he had strawberry crepe. Hard to go back to work after that good meal.

The New York Marathon is today – best wishes to all the participants, especially Michael, from the show, who’s running today.

Off I go.

Devon


Assumption of Right – 15,157 words out of 50,000 (Nano goal)
30%

Assumption of Right – 15,157 words out of 85,000 (completion goal)
18%

5 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Colin said...

Sounds like you do need a wee rest. Try a wee malt and a wee bit of classical something-or-other. :-)

5 days gone and look at that word count - awesome!!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

As awful as it was to watch the never-ending film footage of Barbaro's disaster, the footage of Pine Island was 10 times worse, not just because she had to be euthanized. :( She took a BAD tumble.

Everyone was totally dumbfounded over Invasor's win. It was too funny!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Anita said...

I agree with Colin, your word count is amazing!

And thanks so much for all your encouragement. It really helps.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

Be careful you don't over-do.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

Wow, that word count is awesome!

Make sure you get plenty of rest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home