Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Waxing Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Cloudy and mild



You know it’s bad when I’m too sick to read the job boards. I had a bad reaction to the medication for the stomach problem; so I’m back to over-the-counter (thinking of buying stock in Imodium) and ginger.

Most of the morning ended up in dealing with The Situation: The Sequel. Here we go again, right? It cannot take up my whole life again.

And, no doubt, that’s part of what’s keeping me sick. The whole situation makes me sick and the emotions it triggers contributes to not being able to recover. That and the phone ringing every few minutes with yet another emergency.

And trying to keep on top of everything while feeling lousy causes depression because one can’t do it all, which in turn, makes it harder to recover. So it spirals.

Which, of course, is the hope of those who cause The Situation, because they’re hoping to sicken everyone into Giving Up.

Bite me.

Hard to tear myself away from Assumption of Right. I’m so close to the end here that I want to push through and just do it. But I’m afraid that’ll blow my deadline for the Plum essay, and I’m not sure I have enough energy to push hard on both. I’m simply not feeling well enough to get it all done simultaneously. I have to prioritize – and he who pays the most at the earliest deadline gets the most attention!

But, of course, I cheated and wrote Chapter 21 yesterday afternoon and Chapter 22 this morning. Only two more chapters and I’m done. I’m so close I can taste it.

Got a bit of work done on “The Merry”. That, too, is getting more difficult as I’m getting closer to the end. Eventually, the “Merry” will either morph into a novel or a series of connected stories –but, for the anthology, I’m focusing on one escapade which can stand alone.

Since it’s unseasonably warm and I felt unseasonably awful, I decided to drive the mile or so and take a walk on the beach. It was an interestingly hazy November afternoon – mild, but with that gray, flat quality of light that means winter’s coming. It was nice to be out and about, and I was quite cheered up – until I ran into yet another group of developers crawling around the building when I returned.

I had to cancel tonight’s plans because I’m still sick, but I can’t get out of work today, so I’m going to force myself in and push through it. Oh, well. La la la holiday time, right?

Happy writing!

Devon

Assumption of Right -- 71,451 words out of 50,000 (Nano goal)
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
71 / 50
(142.0%)


Assumption of Right – 71,451 words out of est. 85,000 (completion goal)
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
71 / 85
(83.5%)

8 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger jungle said...

don't let the bastards get you down!

as long as you're coming from a position of light you'll be all right.

stay grounded.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Of course, I don't know anything about your Plum deadline, but if it were me, I'd press on and finish Assumption while you're on a roll. If you really are too sick to complete the Plum one in time, could you ask for an extension? (That's why I say I don't know about it - extensions may not be possible.) I'd also ignore the phone (do you have call screening). Tell them - and you - that you're sick. If you were in a fever or if you'd been hit by a bus, you wouldn't be able to answer the phone.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

I'm sorry you're dealing with The Situation again and I hope that things work out.

Feel better soon!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Shirley said...

Not The Situation again. Poor you.
I agree with Diane: ignore the phone.
Hope you're soon feeling better.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Hope you are feeling better soon and I'm thinking of you!

Hang in there.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that you are still feeling awful. Stres can affect our health is the most vicious of ways. As for the Situation, I like what you wrote: "Bite me". Sounds like you have plenty of fight left to tell them where to go! *g*
Good luck on the Plum Essay.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Hope you get well soon.

You know, sometimes, just sometimes, it's a benefit to switch the phone off and not answer the door or any emails. I do it about once a month, cut off from the world and admit to myself that it will still turn without me.

I know how you feel with the spiral. It sucks, but I've got quite a handle on it these days. I hated it when it controlled me, but I knew it was a case of me letting it.

:o)

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Lara said...

What a shitty time of year for them to start it all up again. EGADS when will they stop?

Hope you feel right as rain soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home