Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday, December 4, 2006
Full Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Cloudy and cold


Finished the first draft of ”The Merry’s Dalliance” in the afternoon. It comes in at 6375, a bit more than I expected, but with cuts and tweaks and revision, I think the final version will be a solid 7K. I need to add some more tension into some of the action in the rescue scene – this is more of a sketch, a skeleton, too much buckle, not enough swash. But Kit and Luthias are pretty wonderful, and Peter the ghost threatens to run away with the story.

As much as I felt worthless and useless, which spilled over into the beginning of the writing, with me thinking, “why the heck do I think I can do this?”, once I sat myself down and wrote a few hundred words, I got back into the flow of it and I felt much better. I took Janet Evanovich’s advice to “ignore the suckiness and push on.” (How I Write, p.199).

I also did some work this morning on Tokens and Affection.

After I do my relocation, I want to take a few months of hermit time (which I desperately need now) to simply write and not deal with exterior life unless absolutely necessary.

But right now, all I can do is the best I can do.

And, of course, although I specifically asked for revision on the materials in time for me to actually review and change them, they’re coming in this morning and people are arguing.

Devon


“The Merry’s Dalliance” -- 6375 words out of estimated 5,000
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
6 / 5
(120.0%)


Tokens and Affections – 24,000 words out of estimated 25,000
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24 / 25
(96.0%)

5 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Lara said...

It's hard to believe you have "Can I Really Do This?" days. You are always such a rock. But yes, once you get that house and make it everything you want, you need to have some SERIOUS Hermit time. You deserve it!

:-*

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

So are you going to be house hunting now? That's both fun and stressful at the same time. I wish you luck.

We all have those days - but I like Janet E.'s advice. I think there were many times when I just wrote past the suckiness and when I went back and looked at it, it wasn't so sucky after all.

Take care, you. Lots of hugs...

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Sometimes, you just can't be strong anymore. You just have to dig down deeper and get it back. I know you can. :) Hang in there and I'm thinking of you. HUGS!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

Glad to hear that you were able to still write, which I'm sure made you feel better? Anyway, hope you really are feeling better! You deserve to take some time off!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Sandy J said...

You are so strong, but every once in awhile you need to regroup. I admire you for pushing on in spite of being down. We are here for ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home