Saturday, December 02, 2006

Saturday, December 2, 2006
Waxing Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Sunny and cool


So, yesterday, I already fell back into old, bad habits. I blogged, surfed, et al BEFORE doing my quota for the day. Naughty, naughty, naughty! What’s the point of learning from Nano if I don’t apply it????

Of course I didn’t get to apply anything this morning because I was up all night working on a letter for The Situation: The Sequel.

Yesterday, I honed, polished, and tweaked the Plum essay and sent if off by noon. My editor acknowledged it, will read it next week, and let me know what revisions she needs. I’m so worried it’s not the type of thing that they’re looking for – although I managed to make comparisons between Plum, the tarot, Le Morte D’Arthur and Lost. I was absolutely tied up in knots by the time I sent it out, even though I said what I wanted to say in it. But the Doubt Demons always kick in at this time, whenever I turn in the first piece to a new (to me) editor. I hope I’ve captured the tone and style they want, because I’d like to work for them again.

The radio and television folk kept warning everyone to get inside and go home early because of the storm blowing through. “Get you weekend liquor early!” They warned. “Get inside and stay safe this afternoon!”

I really, really, REALLY want to go back and finish Angel Hunt. The piece has been pulling me, off and on, for the past few months. I always assumed I had to go back and finish the last few serial episodes before I could transform it out of serial format into novel format, but perhaps that is simply not the case. I need to go back and re-read what I have, see where it’s gone off the rails, take extensive notes, and think about it.

As for GDRs for December, I’m keeping them light, with holidays and all:

Complete, edit, and submit “The Merry’s Dalliance”
Complete the first draft of Tokens and Affections and let it rest before edits
Begin Chasing the Changeling (the second part of the Tokens trilogy)
Complete the requested revisions for Tumble and get it back to the editor
Decide on the rotation of the big projects for 07

I got a disappointing rejection yesterday for “To Die For” – the editor was very kind, and it was one of the nicest rejections I’ve ever gotten. But it was still a rejection, and I need to take another look at the story and restructure some of it.

I’d like to get some sleep – I’m a complete wreck. But there’s still a lot to do today, and I just . . .I don’t know. I do not want to lose another eight months to a year of my life again. But if we don’t, as a group, stand our ground, we lose our homes. So there’s not much choice.

Devon

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

*hugs* on the rejection and the lack of sleep. I hope The Situation resolves itself soon, so your life can get back to normal.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

I'm sorry to hear about the rejection. Will keep you in my thoughts as to the Situation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home