Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thursday, December 7, 2006
Waning Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Saturn Retrograde
Sunny and cold

Got a tiny bit of work done on Tokens and Affections yesterday, and a bit more this morning. Didn’t get anything done on “The Merry”. Very frustrating.

I’ve taken a slight tangent for ten or so pages in Tokens, which reflects and refracts on the main story and sows the seeds for something else. I have to be careful that it doesn’t pull focus, and doesn’t feel like it has nothing to do with the main story – because it does, and it reflects character traits that are important farther down.

I managed to start the holiday baking – three batches of Toll House cookies – five large tins’ worth. I’m baking one type of cookie at a time and “tinning” them, and then putting together the holiday plates towards the end of next week and delivering them. I wanted to start on the cards, but, again, distractions regarding the Sequel happened, and it just didn’t get done.

I need to do a smidge more Christmas shopping at the bookstore this weekend, and then I am DONE. I also need to get to JoAnn’s for a couple of things.

Back to the page – I want to get some more work done on both Tokens and “The Merry” before I leave for the show.

Even though it looks like Tokens is almost done, word count wise, I’m simply trying to boost my ego by letting it hit 100% and THEN pushing back the count.

Oh, yeah, and there’s no hot water in the building today – again.

Devon


Tokens and Affections -- 24,750 words out of 25,000

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24 / 25
(96.0%)

5 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

Toll House cookies sound like the way to go this year - I'd rather do that then have to buy all the ingredients for homemade cookies!

No hot water? That has to be so frustrating.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

Yum! Cookies! Excuse me while I calm down my inner Cookie Monster. *g*

*hugs* on the lack of hot water!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Siobhan said...

Cookies. Drool! Hope the hot water's back on soon ...

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

The wreath is SO CUTE!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

I made toll house cookies yesterday for Daughter's RE CHristmas Party. They make the house smell so good.
Hope they fix whatever is keeping you from hot water, soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home