Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Waning Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Saturn Retrograde
Cloudy and cold

Didn’t get much writing done yesterday, so I have to make up for it today. I’m starting with Tokens and Affections, and then beginning the typing/revisions for “The Merry’s Dalliance”. I have to fix the ending of that one.

Still upset, depressed, and stressed over The Situation: The Sequel. There are always a few people who choose not to respond until past deadline and then pitch a fit because we didn’t wait around until they happened to “get around to it.” Well, here’s a round tuit for you! It’s not that their reasons for not responding are invalid – sometimes life gets in the way. But you can’t put over 100 people’s lives at risk because a couple of people have to deal with other priorities in their lives. That’s why there’s a committee, an organization, so that all the work doesn’t fall on one person.

Work was fine yesterday, and some more dates were booked, which is a good thing before the holidays. The Universe decided to have an interesting character cross my path, who provided some information that was much needed. Don’t mean to sound mysterious, but can’t go into detail.

I have managed to get some reading done over the past few days. I read two Jane Langton mysteries: Murder at Monticello and Dark Nantucket Moon. I enjoy her writing, and she always manages to surprise me.

I was sent a book for review yesterday, which I started, and I’ll probably review over on Kemmyrk, because that’s the most appropriate.

And I need to get started on the Christmas/holiday cards. A batch of packages went out yesterday, and I managed to get my friend A. the belated gift I wanted to get him (although I didn’t wrap it).

Last year at this time, with Saturn retrograde, the Situation had begun. I was at the theatre, prepping clothes, crying because I didn’t know what to do or where to turn or how to get through it and protect my family.

Saturn is the planet of life lessons, so I have to seriously look at both the mistakes and the growth I made last year at this time, and make sure I don’t repeat them.

I started by being too passive. I don’t think I’m too passive in regard to the Situation now. I felt alone; now there’s an entire organization of people working on it, along with the City Council and the State. I’m still having trouble with loyalties and boundaries. And I’m not where I need to be financially. Setting the correct boundaries will help me gain the stamina and energy I need in order to gain the work I need to smooth out the finances. I’ve paid off debt in the past year and am working to clear the whole thing out, which is positive.

Last year, before the Situation hit, I was trotting along at a leisurely pace, in my three year plan. Not pushing too hard, but trying to do steady turtle work. This year, I feel trapped and that I’ve missed something somewhere that would let me take a leap instead of making a transition. I’m also behind in the transition because of the months and months and months I spent on The Situation – which also included enormous amounts of stress, not eating, not sleeping, not being able to concentrate on my work.

So, I’m trying to sort all of this out without getting my ass kicked too badly during this Saturn return. Anybody want to start taking bets? ;)

Most of the morning has been eaten up by the Sequel, and I am now determined to get back to the page. After all, Elmira and Declan are waiting. And Declan’s not been the focus for several chapters, so he’s eager to get back into the mix!

On an aside, I’m going to say, once again that I think the show Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip is brilliant. The acting and the writing is all outstanding, but, as usual, Bradley Whitford’s choices and nuances stand out above all the rest. I can’t get enough of that show.

Devon

6 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

Devon - I would love to call in and have a "well day" for myself - but I feel too guilty doing that. Since there are only two copywriters, we are solely responsible for our part of the job, and I hate to "dump" on her all my duties, especially when she is rarely gone. Ah well. I'll get a few days for Christmas and New Year's - that will be nice.

I wish there was something I could do to help you out with The Situation- if you need anything (even someone to talk to), just holler.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Despite the stress, don't forget to take care of yourself. I know - I should take my own advice. :)

I feel completely alone and hopeless right now and I think this is a life lesson I'm being handed. It sucks, but that's life I guess.

I'm thinking of you. HUGS

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

I wish I could help somehow, please don't neglect yourself. Get some rest before you burn out.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Ovation Leader said...

Whatever The Situation, Devon, I'm sending you my best vibes.

BTW, what is the title of your Nano novel? Did you hit the end yet?

~Carolyn

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

I love those times when someone crosses our paths, especially the ones where you have seen the person before and knew they would be significant but just had to wait to see why.

I had one of those enlightening times on Tuesday. A few things fell into place and made the flush of anger rise within, only for me to tell myself to just ignore it. (Gossip Woman related, you know the one...)

Still, my inner radar has been alerted so I'm going to be watching how this 'thing' develops. Eagerly. Their downfall is so imminent if they don't leave us the hell alone, and I won't even have to do a thing. Sometimes to see Fate's plan in intricate detail like that--to be allowed a glimpse into the workings, ha! Great!

I sound mysterious, but have told myself I'll never blog about those GW witches again.


:o)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

I agree with Michelle; you need to take good care of yourself. Stress is evil. Sending hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home