Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday, January 15, 2007
Waning Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Martin Luther King Day
Rainy and warm


Let’s take Dr. King’s message to heart and each day perform at least one act of kindness/and or tolerance, creating a ripple effect.

Rev up, people, there are links to click:

Today’s Circadian Poem: “Rainy Morn” by Joan Spoon.

A new post on preparing for herbal studies over on Kemmyrk.

An explanation of Hope Clark’s 13-in-Play and information on Kristen King’s Query Challenge 2007 over on Wordish Wanderings.

How’s that for a start?

On the Blogger version of Ink, it’s countdown time. I will only be double-posting for three more days. As of Thursday, when the moon turns, it will all be at Word Press.

On Word Press, I’m trying to fix some typos in links, and I have to talk to them today about some silly preview window they’re giving me when I want to click one of my links, that prevents me from actually getting to my link. I DON’T WANT IT. So, we’ll be having a bit of a chat today.

Yesterday – five loads of laundry at my friend’s place in CT, in trade for cooking dinner. Plus, he had some books relevant to a pitch I’m writing, so I used the afternoon to research.

Lots of correspondence to catch up on, getting started on the next couple of FemmeFan articles, my next SDR column, and getting those pitches out! And, I have to get started on the revision of Tumble, because the month is moving ahead, but my revision is not.

Typed/revised two chapters on Token last night. They’ll need more work, but I need to do some searching on the history of Greenwich Village to do them properly. I sort of know the old stories, but I want to double check them – choose one or two accurate anecdotes about real characters; make up one or two about imaginary people that are in the style of the day and the Greenwich Village myth. That’ll be draft 3.

Rejection on a short story yesterday – expected, but not wanted. There’s another market I think is a better fit (that I found AFTER I sent it out to the first one), but I have something on submission there and have to hear back from the first one before I can send this one.

Sigh.

Ideas for two new novels while I was putting around my friend’s place, reading newspapers and researching. One is historical – turn of the 20th Century. The other is contemporary, an action/psychological piece. Both need very different types of research, and both were triggered from situation rather than character, so I have to wait until the characters evolve before I can decide where to put them in the queue.

Devon


Token and Affections , 2nd Draft – 9,872 words out of est. 45,000
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
9 / 45
(20.0%)


Chasing the Changeling – 5,925 words out of est. 45,000
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
5 / 45
(11.1%)

4 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

The short story rejection was meant to be since you found a better fit for it elsewhere. :-)

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

You sound as though you're very busy! I hope everyting works out.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Lara said...

You sound like you're feeling more like yourself! Busy busy busy! :-)

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger blog said...

thank you
melekler korusun final izle şenyuva bitmeyen şarkı fatmagülün suçu ne dizi izle survivor son bölüm izle romantik komedi izle evcilik oyunu izle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home